How was school today? Fine, Good or Boring. These single word answers are common from children, when parents ask them about their school day. These natural questions will reflect with one word answers and make the children get habituated with this kind of response.
Replacing the regular questions will get the right and expected answers from children. “Who played with you today?” and the odd “What are you learning in math this week?” or “Which period did you enjoy most today?” These questions are different from the regular ones and make them to tell about their daily routine.
Sometimes parents have no time for a real conversation and in other cases, they just can’t think of what to ask. Parents have to look for their children that they would share their stories that contains awesome things that they have done, but parents don’t know how to make it happen. Open-ended and specific questions makes children to give more clear answers. So parents can have idea about their children daily life after them leaving the house.
Questions like “Tell me something that made you laugh today” looks fun. But few are better for getting children to talk about things that frustrate them, like “ is there anyone in your class who need a time out?”. Talking about the bad is just as important as the good. They’ll give you a chance to show your children the best ways to deal with life’s challenges. Be sure to try out these next time when your family sits down for dinner, you might get some surprising answers!
With few modifications these questions will work for all age groups of children:
1. What was the best/worst thing happened at school today?
2. If I called your teacher, What would she tell me about you?
3. How did you help somebody today?
4. Tell me one thing that you learned today.
5. When were you the happiest/bored today?
6. What word did your teacher say most today?
7. Where do you play the most at leisure time?
8. If you could choose who would you like to sit by in class?
9. Who is the funniest person in your class?
10. Think about what you learned and did in school today.
11. What’s something you’d like to know more about?
12. Tell me about those moments when you felt disrespected by anyone?
13. Tell me about a conversation you had with a classmate ?
14. What do you appreciate about your day?
Tips for How to Ask Questions
How and when parents ask these questions will make a huge difference in children’s responses. Parents can ask one or two questions in a day so they can easily sort out which question gives the best responses. While these questions being asked by the parents they need to be focused that it will make children feels parents have their full attention.
Make these conversations habituated with children and ensure them to share their achievements and worries happened in their daily routine. This will make children to share their feelings with their parents.
Suggestions to follow in conversations:
Below given suggestions can help to build a positive and powerful conversations with children:
- When children explaining their experience do not interrupt them. This is an effective rule for any conversation, to get much possible information out of them.
- Asking more to extend the conversation with children and complement them with their work.
- After children’s explanation of their particular experience to the parent, ask them “what was their feel at that moment”and parents should notice their feelings.
- If children felt okay then encourage them to saying they are okay.
- Tell them it’s not okay for teachers or kids to be unkind or mean. If children tell a story about their teacher yelled at them. Encourage them to treat the adults in a same way.
- Always complement their honesty and willingness to share their daily routine. This will improve their confidence in telling you more.
Try to interact with the children in the odd ways to extract the uncovered issues that wouldn’t be exposed by the children. As they become elder stay engaged with the children to understand them better and make them comfortable with all requirements.
It’s going to be finish of mine day, however before end I am reading this enormous article to improve
Magnificent items from you, man. I’ve take into accout your stuff prior to
and you’re just extremely excellent. I really like what you’ve obtained here, really like what you are saying and the way in which through which you assert
it. You’re making it enjoyable and you still
care for to keep it smart. I can’t wait to learn far more from you.
That is really a tremendous website.
I am really impressed along with your writing abilities and also with the format on your weblog.
Is that this a paid topic or did you modify it yourself?
Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a nice weblog like this
Hello my family member! I want to say that this article is amazing,
nice written and include almost all vital infos. I’d like to see extra posts
like this .
Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic.
I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re stating and
the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take
care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from
you. This is actually a terrific website.
It’s in reality a nice and useful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this useful info with
us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.
This is a topic that is close to my heart… Cheers! Exactly where are your contact details though?
Wonderful site. Plenty of useful information here.
I am sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.
And naturally, thanks to your sweat!
Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article post.
I wanted to write a little comment to support you.
Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve visited your
blog before but after going through many of the posts
I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely delighted I discovered it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back often!
Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m inspired!
Very useful information particularly the closing part 🙂 I
deal with such info a lot. I was looking for this particular info for a
long time. Thanks and best of luck.
I appreciate, lead to I discovered just what I used to be having a look for.
You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.
I think this is one of the most vital info for me. And i’m glad reading your article.
But want to remark on some general things, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is really nice : D.
Good job, cheers