Are you really wants to see your children read aloud? Inspire your young readers to practice every day and give them lots of opportunities to read. Play with letters, words, and sounds! Having fun with language helps your children to learn and to crack the code of reading. Even if they are interested to read, support them with a variety of ways.
Important tips to improve your child’s reading give them a wonderful life and support them to learn new things:
- Do you think effective reading only takes place at libraries and book stores? Think again! There are reading opportunities everywhere. Go to a greeting card store with them and read the greeting cards together.
- Are they reading the back, front cover, and first page of the book? If they cannot pronounce more than five words or understand in context, the book may be too challenging. Be supportive about finding a more perfect fit. To choose right book will help your little reader feel successful.
- It is important to provide them with a variety of fiction and non-fiction reading books. A fun way to do this to get a map and show her/him the way from your house to the grocery store or another familiar destinations. Let them to find directions, street by street, and then read them for you when you walk or drive to the store just like a living GPS!
- Spend time with them to read comics and share them favorite comic from your own childhood. Let them read aloud, as a result they are more likely to remember.
- During your next outing or get-together, take some photos and tell them to create captions for each photo. Assemble the pictures and captions in an album. Add speech and thought bubbles to create a personalized and graphic book.
- Word recognition and vocabulary are important parts of reading. On a rainy day, get some stick notes, color sketch, tape and start labeling everything in your home from furniture to small knock-knacks. Reading these labels repeatedly will increase your children’s word banks.
- Your children will soon develop a love for particular author and illustrator. Nurture her/him fan-ship by helping to write for their favorite author. Many authors have their own websites with contact information. You can also contact the book’s publisher, the mailing address in back of the title page and on the publisher’s web site.
Quick Summary: Teachers and parent support is a must in conducting activities and reading exercises.Show them the way to explore more languages and enhance their personal development.